Born on October 8, 1979, in the village Kukavka, Mogilev-Podolsky district of Vinnytsia region. Ukrainian civil servant, an expert on customs and tax policy, Acting Head of the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine (2017-2018), Tax and Customs Advisor, I rank.
Prodan Miroslav Vasilievich
- “Rivne Institute of Slavic Studies” of the Kyiv Slavonic University, specialty – management of organizations, qualification – manager of customs affairs (2003)
- Odessa Regional Institute of Public Administration of the National Academy of Public Administration under the President of Ukraine, specialty – public administration, qualification – Master of Public Administration (2013);
- University of the State Fiscal Service, specialty – enterprise economics, qualification – specialist (2006).
- Since 2002, he has held senior positions in commercial business structures.
- In 2005, he began working in the tax authorities of the Vinnytsia region. Since 2008, he held senior positions in the tax authorities of the Vinnytsia region, Cherkasy region, and the Interregional General Directorate of the State Fire Service – the Central Office for Serving Large Payers.
- In July 2016, he was appointed Acting Deputy Head of the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine.
- From March 2017 to September 2018 was the Acting Head of the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine.
- On April 1, 2017, Miroslav Prodan introduced the Electronic VAT Refund Register, establishing transparent tax administration rules. The process of administering VAT, controlling the formation of tax obligations, and paying this tax was fully automated.
- In 2018, all services for individuals who pay taxes were transferred online: from inspections to obtaining certificates.
- Since February 1, 2018, Miroslav Prodan has fully assigned customs to process customs declarations based on the Single Window principle.
- He initiated the development of the e-Receipt project. Instead of traditional PPOs, entrepreneurs were offered to use mobile phones, tablets, laptops, and other digital communication tools. The project was aimed at simplifying accounting, increasing the comfort of entrepreneurs, solving the problem of additional costs for the operation and maintenance of cash registers.
- For the first time in the history of the Internal European Organization of Tax Administration (IOTA), he held the 21st Administrative Session of the IOTA General Assembly in Ukraine. Delegations from 45 countries took part in the session. During the chairmanship of Miroslav Prodan in IOTA, a new IOTA Strategy for 2018-2022 was developed together with approved an updated draft Memorandum of Understanding of IOTA and the Organization for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), aimed at strengthening the partnership between the two organizations, in particular in the field of the professional platform on the implementation of the Action Plan against the erosion of the tax base and the withdrawal of profits (BEPS).
- He headed the delegation of the SFS during the first official visit to the United States at the invitation of the US Customs and Border Service in July 2017; a working visit to the Republic of Poland at the request of the Polish National Revenue Administration in October 2017; study visit to the Republic of Finland at the invitation of the Customs of Finland in November 2017; a visit to Belgium at the request of the European Office for the Prevention of Abuse and Fraud (OLAF) and to attend the 131st session of the Customs Cooperation Council of the World Customs Organization (WMO) in December 2017; a visit to Australia at the invitation of the Container Control Program; CCP in March 2018.
- On January 16, 2018, he signed a memorandum with the Director of the Political Analysis and Public Relations Department of the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime, Jean-Luc Lemayo, on Ukraine’s accession to the UN Global Container Transport Control Program and the World Customs Organization. The SFS and the State Border Service received access to international databases, with the help of which it became possible to track illegal flows of drugs, weapons, and counterfeit goods.
- In July 2018, through Prozorro, he organized the purchase of the first ten stationary scanning systems for checkpoints, which would allow receiving complete information about cargoes to prevent smuggling.
- In 2018, Miroslav Prodan implemented total control over the export of round wood, which was exported from Ukraine under the guise of firewood (only in 2017, the rate of export of wood from the country amounted to 2 million tons). Each truck with a load of lumber was inspected, photographed, the data entered into the base of the central office of the SFS, after which the volume of contraband of the forest fell sharply.
- The SFS headed by Prodan took up the clan of the famous smuggler Vadim Alperin: the most massive budget robbery scheme was cut off. In essence, the courts stopped underestimating the customs value of imported goods, and NABU froze $ 20 million in the accounts of Alperin companies.
- August 22, 2018, acting Miroslav Prodan dismissed the head of the State Fiscal Service from the post of head of the Odessa Customs Alexander Vlasov for the period of an official investigation into the theft of 37 containers with fabric, machinery, tractors, spare parts and other goods.
Results of work:
- During the practice of Miroslav Prodan as the Head of the State Fiscal Service of Ukraine, all customs began to work according to unified “indicators,” and budget revenues outstripped the growth dynamics of imports, which indicates the process of digitization.
- Dozens of corruption schemes were uncovered. Overlapping only one of the major systems of robbing the budget, when the courts stopped underestimating the customs value of goods, allowed counting on replenishment of the country’s budget for $ 20 million.
- Miroslav Prodan is married, along with his wife Lyudmila, who has a daughter Anastasia.